Red Wing, Minnesota has been an industrial, manufacturing community for over 100 years. Since 1985, the Red Wing Port Authority has played an active role in helping businesses expand and relocate to this historic and scenic community.
As the economic development agency for the City of Red Wing, the Port Authority has the expertise, experience and resources to make expansion or relocation economically and operationally viable. The Port Authority's primary goal is helping companies take advantage of the opportunities to expand and grow in the vibrant economy of Red Wing.
Those opportunities range from conversion of existing buildings or office space lease to new construction on sites already prepped with a complete infrastructure.
Successful businesses including D.B. Industries, Food Service Specialties, and BIC have found or expanded their manufacturing facilities with the assistance of the Port Authority. Click here to see some of our success stories.
See our site selection page for more information about financing and property options.
- Operates a revolving loan fund with a portfolio exceeding $3 million to fill the financing gaps in both business expansions and start-ups.
- Partners with the state and federal governments and the private sector to coordinate financing and to turn projects into reality.
- Administers Red Wing's Tax Increment Districts.
- Partners with other organizations, such as the Red Wing Housing and Redevelopment Authority . For example, the Port Authority and the HRA helped facilitate restoration of historic downtown Red Wing.
- Can issue Industrial Revenue Bonds to finance, in whole or in part, the cost of acquisition, construction and reconstruction.
- Owns over 100 acres of developable land, complete with infrastructure.
- Operates a riverfront bulk transfer facility (bulkheads), facilitating the shipping of bulk commodities via water transport.
- Offers site selection assistance.